Day 22
Reunited with my biacth jasBALLS and Steph.
Words can’t describe how good it is to see such a familiar face. They’re kind
enough to let me bunk with them. Jesus! There staying in a hotel. It feels so
good to have some privacy and no dorm mates. I spent majority of the nigh in
doors enjoying the luxury of a room while they spent time with their fellow
tour mates. It felt like paradise. It was like a dream. As per usual I lost my
way while trying to find a grocery. It took me almost 2 hours to make my way
back to the hotel. I even had to catch the train back. I wonder how far I
walked.
Late rise and off I go to explore Athens on
my own. I first ended up at the Acropolis. AMAZING! The ancient Greek stone
structures are ridiculous. I sat at this ancient theater that was built in the
BC for at least 30 minutes, imagining how it was like to see a show.
The Acropolis! The trek all the way up the
top was amazing. There stood three different temples. Europe continuously give
my heart to the ground. The beauty they bring is miraculous. Trying my best to take in all my
surroundings, I say and enjoyed the view of Athens from top.

I made my way by foot to the city
center. I love how Greece still kept
their cultural buildings alive and not the modern construction take over. It is
amazing how you find normal commercial stores within these buildings. It is
crazy. I stumbled across a flea market where many hippie stalls and outdoor
dining was located.
I was not even hungry but felt the need to
eat for the sake of the live Greek music some restaurant had. As soon as I sat
down, I fell in love deep. I never wanted to leave my spot. Before I knew, 3
hours went past and I really should make my way back to my friends.
It was such a happy day for me and all I
could do was smile everywhere I went. I didn’t want it to end, so I decided to
finally pull out my map for the first time and navigate my way back by foot.
The streets were dark in Athens and I actually had a male follow me in a
scooter. Stopping by me twice, first time asking me do I need help which I
replied no and second time asking me to have coffee. SHIVERS! My foot has never
walked so fast in my whole life. I definitely don’t recommend any female to
walk the quiet streets alone at night. Thankfully I made it back in one piece.
We are heading to Mykonos tomorrow. I am so
excited. 5 hours to go.
xo
calafati



No comments:
Post a Comment